Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Business We're In


I have chosen to use one of the places I work as my subject matter for our class projects that lie ahead. Very part-time I work for a financial planner who recently left the banking industry and has started his own company. Along with that, he has just released his first book and I am very fortunate to see how all of that plays out. Not all of my class projects will be completely truthful; some embellishment is needed because, quite frankly, the financial planning industry just isn't sexy! But I am having fun seeing how what we learn in class ties in with the "real world" and given my interest in possibly pursuing a career in community relations, the assignments are both pertinent and relevant. Here's his website: http://www.mikebonacorsi.com/

2 comments:

biscotti dana said...

Very cool. Is the reading event real? If not, sounds like you should plan one!

skyebluelake said...

Very helpful. Thanks Meghan.